Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Addicted to Stamps Challenge #118



Hi there Blog Friends,
Once again, it's Team A's turn to post our inspiration cards for this week's challenge at Addicted to Stamps! Our theme this week is 'Holiday', and I have chosen to create two cards...one for Thanksgiving, and one for Christmas. Here is my first card:






For the flowers on this card, I used the rock n' roll technique for PTI's stamps and dies 'Mums the Word' collection, and the sentiment is from Hero Arts 'Thankful for You' stamp set.
_________________________________________________________





For my 2nd card, I used the stamp and die set 'Holiday Village' from Poppy Stamps. I colored in the houses and trees with Copics, then stacked 3 layers of the die cuts to add dimension. The sentiment is from MFT.

So, if you need to get some holiday cards done, I hope you'll grab your stamps and ink, and play along with us for this week's Challenge! My team mates have created some amazing cards, and our Sponsor for this challenge is Eureka Stamps. The prize for the winner is your choice of 3 Digital Stamps!

Thanks so much for stopping by today ~
Barb




23 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Two gorgeous cards Barb!! I love the inking on your mums and the lovely gold embossing on the second card!

Deborah Frings said...

Both your holiday cards are fabulous. I do like the pretty flowers on the Thanksgiving card and that sweet village scene on the Christmas card. Both perfectly clean and simple - lovely work.

Cindy C. said...

Both beautiful cards! I especially like the Thanksgiving one!!

Betty said...

both lovely cards, Barb - funny - I am watching the World Series (go Royals!!) and playing with the same PTI stamp set

Joyce said...

Wonderful inking on those mums, and I like how you clustered them. And, I am in love with that sweet village scene in your second card.

Wei Wei said...

Love these adorable cards~Love the pretty coloring and design!

sandie said...

Great cards Barb, the colouring in the first is amazing and I love that die in the second, makes for a stunning Xmas card x

Barb said...

Such pretty cards, Barb! Love those gorgeous flowers on your first card - perfect colors! And that die sure creates a beautiful, little winter scene! Love them both! ♥

Lee-Anne said...

Love the rock 'n roll technique on those mums, Barb...such a great look! I absolutely adore your second card in the traditional Christmas colors...simply gorgeous!

Julie B said...

Two great cards Barb, love those 'mums. :)

Rosemary said...

lovely set of cards... I really like the gold embossed sentiment on the second card!

Katie Melhus said...

These are both lovely - love the look of the rock n' roll technique, too. So pretty!

Deepti said...

These are fabulous, love them both :)

Neets B said...

I love the citrus hues on your first card. And the stacked dies and embossed sentiment on the second add great dimension x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Perfect for Thanksgiving - wonderful inking, Barb! And your Christmas card is lovely, too! Love the dimension you gave it.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous stamping and colouring, Barb. Have a great day! hugs Monika xxx

Virginia L. said...

You are creating such BEAUTIES, Barb! I am loving the 2nd card for its clean and crisp designs! FABULOUS!

Greta said...

I love both of these, Barb! Fun to use flowers in Fall shades for a Thanksgiving card--I've been thinking of doing that!

lostinpaper said...

Love that little holiday village, (I've not seen this one before) and your embossed sentiment is the perfect choice for it!

Kelly Latevola said...

They are both fabulous but I am smitten with the little holiday houses! Absolutely adorable Barb!!

cm said...

Two beautiful cards, Barb! The flowers/colours on the first certainly capture fall's splendour, while your little village in festive colours is incredibly charming! I'd like to live in the house on the left (I'm sure it would have a crafting room alllllll for me). Love these!
Hugs~c

Loll said...

Two fabulous cards Barb. LOVE the look of the rock and roll on the mums ... gorgeous!! And the dimension from the stacked dies on your Christmas card makes a huge impact. Loll xx

Sarah G said...

Two fabulous cards, Barb! I especially love the little winter village - it looks great stacked up :)