Sunday, February 9, 2014

Just Because

Hi all,
Just a quick post to share a few things I made for my granddaughter, Desi. She's 7 years old, lives far away from us in Florida (we're in NJ), and loves the color 'Pink'! She also happens to be the apple of my eye! So for Valentine's Day, I decided to buy all the things I needed from Papertrey Ink to make a few hair barrettes for her...and it was fun!




I created my own patterned paper using PTI stamps, and also used their felt (so yummy) to make the flowers and hearts. The roses are MFT Rolled Roses, and the hearts are from Lawn Fawn. 
While I was at it, I made a headband using Avery Elle's Embellish It Flower:




Of course I need a card, right?



I had Laura Bassen's hilarious video tutorial (minus the "smile") bookmarked for making a shaker card, and thought it would be a fun idea. I used all PTI stamps, dies and impression plate (card base). 

Well, that's it for me...Thanks so much for stopping by ~
Barb 

Supplies for card:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Four Square
Ink: Papertrey Ink - Berry Sorbet; Versafine - Onyx Black
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Select White, Berry Sorbet, Clear
Dies: Papertrey Ink - Four Square
Impression Plate: Papertrey Ink - Diamonds
Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh - Pink

13 comments:

Cat Craig said...

What a wonderful surprise for your Granddaughter. She'll love those adorable barrettes.

Tracey McNeely said...

What a fantastic gramma you are, so sweet for your sweet Desi!

Rosemary said...

everything is just adorable, barb... you are just the best gramma!!

Betty said...

lucky Desi to have such a great grandma who makes such pretty things!

Unknown said...

SQUEAL!!!!! I love these awesome projects sooooo much! Those hair clips are perfections...I really want to try making these! And the beautiful headband, can you tell I'm into hair accessories? The shaker card just took me over the top, though. You've outdone yourself, Barb! Love it all!

Dawn T said...

very cute hair clips and band and the card is delightful. Beautifully done

Darnell said...

That darn Laura Fadora took the words right out of my mouth!! I want to know if I can be your granddaughter?! You are the best!! Hugs, Darnell

shirley-bee said...

These are so sweet, Barb!

Virginia L. said...

Aren't you the TALENTED grandma!? I adore adore the hair clips that you made! Your granddaughter will love them! Your shaker card is super sweet! Thanks for voting for Stephanie's campaign! I know I can count on you, Barb :)

Kailash said...

So special and such a precious gift for your grand daughter Barb, she will love it, so cute!!!

lostinpaper said...

She is absolutely going to adore these I can tell already, I know I would and I'm just a little older than 7. I'm heading off to take a peek at Laura's video, she is a marvel!!

Deepti said...

Awwww that's sooooo sweet, I love all the things u made for ur grand daughter, I am sure she would love them and ur shaker card is the best add on to the package :)

Kanan Pandya said...

This is so cute, Barb. I love those hair clips and the shaker card. I am sure your Granddaughter will love these. :-)