Monday, December 16, 2013

More Christmas Cards

Hello everyone! 
I have 2 cards to share today. The first one is for this week’s challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More



  

Our challenge is to create a card based on the photo inspiration, which is like a beautiful scene from ‘Home for the Holidays’. I’ve been wanting to do some offset stamping, so I used white pigment ink on the poinsettia’s, then shifted my block and stamped them again in blue ink. When I try techniques like this, I often wonder how Laura Bassen and Jen McGuire can eyeball a project and stamp images without a stamp-a-ma-jig...not me! If I need perfect placement, then I need that tool :-) I added a few gems, some twine and popped the blue panel up on a white card base...all set!


Here is a close up: 


My 2nd card is for this week’s challenge at Less is More. Our challenge is to create a one layer card, based on the theme 'The 12 Days of Christmas’. Well, that is a challenge for me, but I did find a digi image of a pear tree by Beccy Muir.  




I printed the pear tree image on Copic X-press cardstock, and colored everything with my copics. Then, I used my Wink of Stella glitter pen on the pears and red bow. The sentiment is computer generated. And, that’s when a one layer card gets difficult...you have to ‘stop’!



EDITED***Thank you so much, Chrissie and Jen, for Showcasing my card this week at Less is More!!

Well, that’s it for me ~ I hope everyone is doing well and is off to a great week! Thank you all so much for stopping by...I really appreciate it!
Barb




Joy to the World (A2 size card)
Stamps: Clearly Besotted
Ink: Memories - Unicorn; Memento Luxe - Teal Zeal; Versafine - Smokey Gray
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Select White, Spring Rain
Gems: Hero Arts - Clear
Twine: Doodlebug - Gray


Partridge in a Pear Tree (card size - 3 3/4 x 5)
Digital Stamp: Beccy Muir
Sentiment: Computer Generated Font - Two Peas in a Bucket - Peanut Butter
Cardstock: Copic X-Press It
Markers: Copics


14 comments:

Dawn T said...

fabulous cards Barb. Love the partridge in the pear tree one

Barb said...

Love your beautiful poinsettias, Barb! And that tree is so adorable! Awesome coloring on those tiny branches!

Chrissie said...

Love your LIM card barb. Could you tell me the name of that fab font you used?
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Loll said...

Two great cards Barb. I LOVE the image from Beccy ... and completely forgot I had it! Loll xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Stunning card hunni and thank you for all the kind message's you have left me...you're a little angel!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

OH Babs said...

Partridge in a Pear Tree is adorable. Congrats on your recognition.

Unknown said...

Fun cards! I love your digital image! Love your subtle coloring!

Joni Andaya said...

Those cards are fantastic Barb! My fave is the pear tree, you colored it so pretty :)

Sue said...

Fabulous double stamping on your poinsettia card! Lovely layout too. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Kay Miller said...

Both of your cards are just lovely Barb!! The white poinsettias are gorgeous and that little pear tree is just adorable! Beautiful coloring too! ((hugs)) :)

Cat Craig said...

Great stamping on your poinsettias, love that little tree.

Jean said...

Both are fabulous! I agree that the offset technique is difficult to eyeball!

Sarah G said...

More great cards, Barb! I love the one layer card - such a great image.

Deepti said...

Congratulations on you showcase at LIM :) I was so excited to see your card there