Tuesday, October 29, 2013

From Our Home to Yours

Hello Blog Friends ~
I created this card for 3 challenges: Less is More Week 143. Our recipe is to use string or twine, for the SSS Monday Challenge "Anything Goes" and for the Muse Card Club Challenge. This week, our inspiration card was created by the amazing Janet Ribet.

I’m having a hard time capturing details using my light box when I use Embossing Folders/Impression Plates, so once again I took this photo in the natural light in my kitchen...hopefully, you can see the embossed detail on the white panel. 


Here is my card:




And, since I'll be making cards for my family and friends a bit later, I will be donating this card to the 2013 Caring Hearts Card Drive.

I hope everyone is well...Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by ~
Barb

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Polka Dot Parade #9
Ink: Hero Arts - Soft Pool, Pale Tomato, Mint Julep, Soft Granite, Butter Bar, Soft Sky; Versafine - Smokey Gray
Paper: Papertrey Ink - Select White, Harvest Gold; Hero Arts - Pine Layering Papers
Die: Papertrey Ink - Polka Dot Parade #9

Impression Plate: Papertrey Ink - Picnic Plaid
Misc: Twine, Sequins, Clear Rock Candy Stickles


14 comments:

Kay Miller said...

This is just adorable Barb! And yes, I can see the embossing and it looks wonderful! That little tree is the cutest!

joy said...

Love this cute card, Barb! The embossing folder is a perfect backdrop for this design. That green circle provides a nice resting spot for the tree.

Virginia L. said...

This card has so many lovely details, Barb! The embossed background is so fitting with the stamped tree images! The added twines add a special touch, too! Well done!

Barb said...

The embossed background looks awesome, Barb! And I love that adorable tree!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love the country feel to the tree - goes so well with the embossing folder. Thanks for playing in this week's MUSE card club challenge.

Ardyth said...

Love this homespun feeling Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

Deepti said...

Love the colorful layers on ur Christmas tree :) so very sweet look

Lisa said...

Your embossing looks wonderful - Love your simple, but pretty design. The embossing really adds a lot of interest :)

Kanan Pandya said...

Lovely background and very sweet design, Barb. Love that tree with sequins. :-)

Tracey McNeely said...

Super super cute Barb. I just got that set, haven't played with it yet!

Cat Craig said...

The background is great, and the circle really pulls the eye to your focal point. So fun.

lostinpaper said...

I gave up on my light box and now wait for the daylight for my photos it's always a lot more reliable. The embossing looks great Barb!

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry I'm so late in visiting!
This is fab Barb!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Suzanne C said...

Sweet Christmas card! Love the design with the cute tree sitting in the circle! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.